Nerd and Geek are one of 2013's tops buzzwords. With so many people claiming their Geek and Nerd Cred, what are the top 10 things in your opinion someone needs in order to have genuine Geek or Nerd Cred? Here is mine.
1. Be a part of a fandom. Whether it is Trek-Wars or Harry Potter. Being in fandom is not just enjoying these things but know every excruciating annoying detail. If you’ve seen the movie that one time it doesn’t count.
2. Table Top or LARP. Knowing what it is and played enough of both to have a preference. My Halfling Druid could totally beat your 8th Gen Tremere.
3. MMROPG’s Remember Ever Quest? The predecessor of WOW. What about Star Wars Galaxies? Cities of Heros and Villians? Play it, Love it, spend your entire Vacation from work on it.
4. Batman or Superman? Gotham or Metropolis? Can you write a 3000 word essay on why one is better? Prof Xavier can.
5. Conventions. Spending a years salary in one weekend? Hotel Debauchery, you think Frat parties are wild? You have never seen a geek on a bender.
6. Cosplay. Dress Up as your favorite Character.Joker and Harley? Batman and Spidey? Captains Kirk and Picard? Have your Batliff ready? No not for Halloween every f%^*’n day.
7. Technology. Apple Vs PC? No, True Geeks use Linux. Beware of the Penguin!
8. HP Lovecraft. Have you fed your Elder Gods today? Ctuthulu says souls taste like caffeine.
9. Card Games. No not with that deck. I’m talking Magic the Gathering, Fluxxe, Munchkin and Cards Against Humanity. I totally beat dead babies with poop.
10. Mt Dew and Pizza. That's right eating like a college student when you’re 40.